Hiring a nanny is one of the most difficult tasks that you will ever have, however if you follow certain criteria you will hire the perfect nanny the first time. We know that there is so much involved with hiring a nanny and it is easy to be intimidated, but since you want what is best for your children, we know that you will do well with this task.
Here are 6 tips that you should use when you want to hire the perfect nanny:
- While it may be easier to hold interviews inside your home, it is usually better to hold initial interviews somewhere else.A potential nanny may take one look at your home and come up with her answers accordingly.By holding the interviews elsewhere, you will have the opportunity to notice her mannerisms and listen to her answers without any disruptions.
- Before you even attempt an initial interview though, you should create a list of things that you expect in your nanny.Most parents expect their nannies to be well dressed, on time and responsible.They should also be caring, intelligent, compassionate, honest and committed.You may expect more than that though, so you will want to be prepared.
- When you hire a nanny, you will want to make sure that you find one that can copy your parenting style.If you are a very structured person, then a nanny who is very free-spirited and never looks at a clock is not going to be the one for you.You should both have the same style when it comes to rules and consistency.
- Before you even agree to an interview with a potential nanny, it is important to find out if they are certified in CPR and first aid.There is no reason to even hold a first interview with someone who does not have those qualifications unless they have their certification training scheduled.
- A second interview is when your children should be introduced to the nanny.While it is important that you like the nanny, your children should like them as well.If your children do not like who you have chosen, then it is best to find someone else.Sometimes children know or feel things that adults cannot.
- Once you have decided on a nanny, you are not quite finished.It is important to run a background check and call their references.If the nanny can pass these checks, then you will feel safer leaving your children with them.
Hiring a nanny can take more than a couple of days, but the process will ensure that you will find a person that you can trust your children with. The goal is that you will be able to find a nanny that will stay with you for many years, so that you will not have to go through the hiring process ever again.